Method Development Analytical Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for an experienced Analytical Method Development Chemist to join the quality and analytics team of a process optimisation company at their site based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
A leading provider of chemical optimisation services to the pharmaceutical industry, this company provides solutions that allow customers to make the best use of their available resources. The Method Development Chemist will be the analytical lead for various projects performed by the process research and development team. The company offers a competitive salary depending on skills and experience, as well as 25 days holiday, pension, various additional benefits and also flexitime. Industry-based expertise with HPLC, GC and NMR is required for this role.
The Method Development Analytical Chemist will be based at the company's site in Manchester which is easily accessible by road from surrounding areas including Ashton-under-Lyne,Rochdale, Stockport, Salford, Oldham amongst others.
Analytical Development Chemist Role: Your main duties will be:
- To be the analytical lead for assigned projects
- To represent the Company in client meetings
- To present reports, both written and verbal, when required, to both clients and work colleagues
- To drive the development and implementation of new analytical test procedures as required in the company’s operations
- To perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysisof various materials (in-process, raw material and finished products) via HPLC, NMR and GC
- Define analytical work required to allow accurate project planning and deliver results to plan
- To manage workload and project documentation to level suitable for external examination
- To assist in trouble shooting analytical methodology and plant process when required
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified degree (BSc) level or equivalent in a Chemistry related vocation - essential, preferably higher (MSc / PhD)
- Proven hands on method development experience with HPLC, NMR and GC - essential
- Expertise in either HPLC, NMR or GC - essential
- Experience of liaisingdirectly with customers and/ or clients - essential
- Experienced analyst who is comfortable thinking outside the box
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in the above analytical chemistry techniques, and ideally with MS or ICP
- Good communication skills, flexibility and teamworking
- Experience gained within a GxP environment would be advantageous
- Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Method Development Analytical Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52273.