Metallurgist - Somerset
Emily Major at CK Science is recruiting for a Metallurgist to join a leading testing chemical company at their facility in Somerset on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead metallurgical knowledge on a range of metallic parts and processing routes, which are routinely tested at the laboratory.
Your responsibilities as a Metallurgist will include:
- Having the principal Metallurgical knowledge held on site for all testing requirements.
- Liasing with customers in regards to technical enquiries around routine and non-routine Metallographic examinations and test methodologies on a range of applications.
- Carrying out routine and non-routine metallographic assessment on a number of different applications such as alloys, steels and other metallic materials to meet deadlines.
- Assessing welding practice and associated analysis and testing of weld metal microstructure.
Further responsibilities include:
- Familiarity with Grain Size determination and assessment, microexamination on a range of metallic materials, hardness testing, fractography and peel testing.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and carrying out activities in accordance to health and safety legislation.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A qualification in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Materials Science or related subject (or equivalent).
- Have demonstrated Laboratory or Metallurgy experience with experience in preparation, micro structural examination, analysis and interpretation of metals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well respected organisation as a Metallurgist who offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and progression opportunities.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Major at CK Science on 01438 842 972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST32489 in all correspondence.