Composite Materials Testing Technologist
Are you an experienced Composite Materials Testing Technologist looking for your next role in industry? I am currently recruiting for a manufacturer of composite materials at their site based in Nottinghamshire. They are looking for a materials science qualified person with proven industry experience of working with and mechanically testing composite materials, to join their team performing materials testing on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that industry experience gained working with composites is an essential requirement.
The Company: Our client is a multinational corporation specialising the development and production of advanced thermoset composite materials. Located in the East Midlands, they are ideally positioned to serve markets within the EMEA region for applications including automotive, motorsport, space & satellite and aerospace. The company offers a salary of circa £30,000 depending on experience, as well as pension and 25 days holiday. The successful Materials Testing Scientist will support the research & development of new products and material qualifications. The successful applicant will be required to work in a busy composites/carbon fibre environment, carrying out mechanical testing and analytical testing to support the continued expansion of the company.
Location: This role is located in Nottinghamshire. The site is also easily commutable from Derbyshire and South Yorkshire.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Generate new test methods in accordance with testing standards.
- Deliver mechanical testing programs to include test panel and specimen preparation, testing and report writing.
- Assist with generation and maintenance of internal documentation such as procedures.- Troubleshooting testing failures or anomalies.
- Work with and implement a continuous improvement.
- Keeping the mechanical test database up to date.
- Ensuring good housekeeping practices and safe working practices.
- Analytical testing to include the use of a thermal analysis equipment such as a DSC and DMA and rheological equipment.
- Statistical analysis.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in materials science or materials engineering - essential.
- Proven industry experience of working with composite materials - essential.
- Proven industry experience of performing materials testing (e.g. tensile strength etc.) on composite materials as well as thermal analysis - essential.
- Any experience or knowledge of working with composite resins specifically would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with mathematical formula.
- Ability to measure, interpret, analyse and present test data.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46395 in all correspondence.