CK Group are recruiting for a Materials Technologist to join a chemicals and materials manufacturing company at their site based in Teesside on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our international client is a market leader in their field.They now have an opportunity for a Materials Technologist to join the team, who will have project management responsibility and oversight of some lab staff. Please note there will be 20-30% international travel required for manufacturing trials, collaborations etc. They offer a competitive salary, depending on experience, and generous benefits.
Location: This Materials Technologist role is located in Teesside, North East England. The company is easily accessible by road.
Materials Technologist Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Collaboratively work with the research and development, and new business development teams to understand market needs and requirements for polymer opportunities
- Be responsible for leading and drivingthe development of innovative polymer solutions to meet market needs, running DOE and reviewing data, communicating progress to others
- Interact with customers to develop new applications, polymers and resins to meet their specific requirements
- Support commercialisation of new polymers or compounds, working with the operations department or third party capabilities to manufacture the products
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally PhD qualified in Materials Science; Polymer Chemistry degrees may be considered with significant industry experience
- Proven industrial experience in new polymer and composite product development, especially injection moulding and extrusion for the automotive sector
- Extensive practical and theoretical compounding extruder knowledge and expertise in formulation chemistry, blending and compounding
- Experience with the following would be useful: additives such as impact modifiers, flame retardants, glass fibres, also conductivity testing, dielectric constants, screw design, impact testing
- Must be willing to travel 20-30% internationally
- Any experience of interactions with Tier 1 / OEMs would be advantageous
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Materials Technologist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50031.