Materials Technologist, Lancashire/ Greater Manc.
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Materials Technologist to join a materials manufacturing company based in Lancashire/ Greater Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Materials Technologist, the main purpose of your role will be to successfully innovate material formulations for the Operations function in response to business and customer needs.
Further responsibilities of this Materials Technologist will include: Organisational Duties:
- Following rotas, work instructions, schedules and project timelines to ensure that deadlines are met and work is completed in a timely fashion.
- Managing own workload and prioritise between departmental tasks to enable effective coordination that ensures all quality standards and project deadlines are met.
- Liaising with the Senior Innovations Technologist to understand company and customer needs to ensure contributions to commercial projects are appropriate and valuable.
- Connecting with other departments to achieve project related objectives and results: tests, products, processes, procedures, guidance documentation, policies etc.
- Conducting administrative duties within the Laboratory remit to company standards to ensure accurate and up to date electronic and physical data filing systems.
- Liaising with the Senior Innovations Technologist to raise concerns and recommendations on materials, equipment, processes etc. in support of a continuous improvement culture.
- Adhering to company and industry standards on manual handling, Health and Safety, COSHH, Legionella and the assessment of risks to ensure safe working practices.
- Formulating new materials for new markets and innovate on existing products processes to contribute to customer satisfaction and departmental performance.
- Compiling reports that include 'user friendly' (i.e. not too technical) conclusions and recommendations in response to both internal and external customer enquiries.
- Conducting test operations on company and competitor product samples to compare and contrast between physical properties: hardness, tear strengths, tensile strength etc.
- Using technical expertise to contribute to the successful completion of departmental risk assessments and audits.
- Managing waste recycling processes to reduce operational costs.
- Supporting all Laboratory functions and meet the demands of the company and customers when providing technical support: investigation processes, complaints, enquiries etc.
As a Materials Technologist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good industrial experience (an essential requirement) with silicones, rubbers, plastics, formulations etc.
- Good science background including a minimum of A Levels or equivalent in chemistry and/ or physics
- Industry experience gained in a manufacturing environment
- Physical testing experience including hardness, tear strengths, tensile strength
- Formulation experience
- Any project management experience preferred
- Driving license preferred due to the location of the site
As Materials Technologist you will be working with a materials manufacturing company based in Lancashire/ Greater Manchester.
- Reports to: Senior Innovations Technologist
- Department: Laboratory
- Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday, 8-4 or 9-5 or thereabouts.
- Benefits include 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- PPE provided
- The company is looking to interview w/c 20th or w/c 27th July. It is likely to go through to a 2nd interview stage.
For more information or to apply for this Materials Technologist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33216 in all correspondence.