Materials Engineer, Worcestershire
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Materials Engineer to join a global materials and ceramics manufacturing company based in Worcestershire, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Materials Engineer, the main purpose of your role will be to design, organise and carry out material production and processing trials at laboratory, pilot and production scales.
Further responsibilities of this Materials Engineer will include:
- Measuring material properties, recording, collating and interpreting experimental data correctly. Where necessary to develop new or improved testing methods.
- Working with production teams in the transition from development to volume production, process and products.
- Applying existing knowledge of materials and processes so as to maximise benefits to the business through increased sales revenue and lower operating costs.
- Developing quicker and more efficient routes and processes for materials development
- Identifying, quantifying and communicating improvement opportunities relating to materials science and manufacture.
As a Materials Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2:1 or above in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Applied Chemistry degree or equivalent
- Relevant post graduate qualification and / or some experience of working in industry
- A good 'A level' or equivalent in mathematics including statistics will be required
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to apply scientific reasoning to complex industrial situations
- Able to locate & exploit relevant technology from other industries
- An innovative and logical thinker, that can understand and analyse complex data and able to spot flaws and trends
- Willing to offer a 'hands on' approach in an industrial environment
- Able to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Highly literate with ability to read, analyse and interpret technical information. Able to write high quality reports and procedure manuals
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Work effectively with people beyond their educational / age / background peer group
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with people at all levels
- Be persistent, energetic & enthusiastic and adaptable to achieve objectives;
- Really want to work in industry and have a genuine interest in ceramics
- Pursue continuous improvement, both in the workplace and in their own skills & knowledge
As a Materials Engineer you will be working with a global materials and ceramics manufacturing company based in Worcestershire.
- Reports To: Senior Materials Engineer
- Starting ASAP
- Salary will be depending on experience
For more information or to apply for this Materials Engineer position please contact Victoria Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33122 in all correspondence.