Analytical Development Chemist - Oban
Sarah Farrow at CK Group is recruiting for an Analytical Development Chemist on behalf of an innovative biotechnology company, who are working to utilise waste streams to produce useful materials, diverting them away from landfill. This is a permanent position, to be based at their site in Oban.
The Role: The main purpose of your role will be to support with the Quality Control, formulation, product development and production of Biodegradable and compostable plastic alternatives derived from waste.
You will be responsible for:
- Generation of Quality Control parameters into a QMS.
- Scale-up and technical transfer of methods.
- Process optimisation and development of methods for the analysis of in-process samples.
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation of results to internal stakeholders.
- Conducting data analysis and accurate and timely reporting of findings to the head of science.
- Developing collaborative relationships with industrial partners and academia.
Your Background: To be considered for the position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Industrial experience of working to quality standards such as ISO 17025, GLP or GMP.
- Experience in the characterisation of Biopolymers.
- Experience of synthetic chemistry.
- Good knowledge of materials characterisation techniques.
For more information, or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3848905 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45459 in all correspondence.