Manufacturing Section Manager, Greater Birmingham
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Manufacturing Section Manager to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Greater Birmingham, on a full time, permanent basis.
Further responsibilities of this Manufacturing Section Manager will include:
- Management and safety of personnel
- Planning and scheduling of manufacture and maintaining stock levels for products in this section and those linking into other sections
- Liaison with raw material suppliers and working with external collaborators and contractors
- Batch record, procedure and risk assessment (including COSHH) preparation and authorisation
- Equipment maintenance planning and breakdown servicing
- Permit authorisation
- Accountability for product quality, yield, on time delivery and cost
- Leading PIGs and other meetings
- Developing Operator training, competencies and GMP compliance
- Dealing with the EA and HSE
- Member of the senior Operations management team
As a Manufacturing Section Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- ideally degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry or a closely related subject - strongly preferred
- significant management experience in a fast paced chemical manufacturing environment - essential
- proven chemistry knowledge is critical for the role - essential
- You should be able to successfully multi-task, be highly organised and be able to communicate and influence at all levels both in and outside of the Company-You should have a broad knowledge of chemical manufacture and have a strong commitment to safety, quality, and the environment - essential
- You should have a drive for continuous improvement and for achieving results
- You should be able to demonstrate good people management skills - essential
As Manufacturing Section Manager you will be working with a chemical manufacturing company based in the Greater Birmingham area.
- Role to start ASAP
- Starting salary is in the £34,000 - £38,000 pa range depending on experience
- Interviews will take place ASAP
- This is a Monday - Friday days role
For more information or to apply for this Manufacturing Section Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34430 in all correspondence.