Manufacturing Process Engineer - Leeds
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Leeds. This position is a contract role with an initial 12 month duration.
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer your Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities will be to,
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA / GMP / BSI / ISO, etc.).
- Be responsible for ensuring company compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance. Be accountable for HSE compliance for their area of responsibility.
Further responsibilities of this Manufacturing Process Engineer position are:
- Process review and optimisation of specified process area/s.
- To input into new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective.
- Initiation / completion of deviations, remedial actions, CAPA's and other quality system documentation.
- To control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new processes.
- Be an active member of multifunctional process and production improvement team.
- Application of world class manufacturing tools and techniques (Lean, ME2) within aligned process areas.
- Problem identification and resolution to root cause.
- To be responsible for Waste reduction in area
- To actively drive process improvement projects to achieve OEE targets for area of responsibility
- Leadership and coordination of onsite Process Excellence initiatives and activities including certification, re-certification and promotion of PE awareness on site.
- Input into machinery purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
- To follow and promote Company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results
- To liaise with outside contractors whilst leading projects from conception to commissioning and handover.
- To ensure that processes are robust and as efficient and effective as possible.
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience: Minimum 2 years experience in engineering / process engineering preferably in a medical devices / pharmaceutical environment. Proven track record of installing / validating new equipment and processes in a highly regulated environment. Experience in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives to deliver business benefit. Ability to deliver projects on time and to budget. Able to demonstrate process, equipment improvements and waste reduction savings
For more information or to apply for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been short listed for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH32100 in all correspondence.