Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a leading chemical manufacturer based near Birmingham. This position is a contract position with an initial duration of 12 months.
As a Laboratory Technician, the main purpose of your role will be to run analytical tests on various different chemical products that this company produces
Further responsibilities of this Laboratory Assistant will include:
- The provision of a comprehensive analytical service for Pilot Plant products.
- The provision of carrying out specialised testing of products to comply with legislatory, customer queries and health and safety requirements.
- The provision of carrying out testing as part of registration of products under REACH and BP.
- Liaising with Product Stewardship, national French authorities and external contract laboratories to ensure test methods and techniques meet the requirements.
- Follow established procedures and document all findings and results in a timely, concise, clear and accurate manner.
- Method and specification development.
- Supporting other sites and products.
- Maintaining department instrumentation and specifying new equipment.
- Ensuring that health and safety issues are adhered to.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience working in a laboratory environment in industry (required)
- Graduate in chemistry or equivalent experience. (required)
- Background experience in QC. ( desirable )
- Experience of operational manufacture at multi litre scale. ( required )
- Experience of manufacture of pharmaceutical or fine chemicals manufacture ( desirable )
- Familiar with 31P, 1H and 13C nmr analysis and interpretation. ( desirable )
- Air sensitive handling of chemicals ( required ).
- Pro-active problem solving.
- Team working.
- Focus attention to details.
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician position please contact Rob Walker on 01246 457 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34713 in all correspondence.