Manufacturing Chemist - Greater Birmingham
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Manufacturing Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Greater Birmingham, on a full time, permanent basis.
This company produces a wide range of speciality chemicals for numerous industries. They are able to manufacture custom products as well as provide process optimisation. As a Manufacturing Chemist, the company is able to offer a salary in the region of £28-30,000 per annum depending on experience, and benefits include free life assurance cover and generous paid sick scheme (both after a qualifying period). They also provide access to a stakeholder pension scheme, a voluntary employee benefits scheme and a voluntary medical cash benefit plan. The Manufacturing Chemist will report into the Research and Development Manager. Please note that this role closes on Friday 19th July 2019 and interviews will be held at the end of July 2019.
Further responsibilities of this Process Chemist will be to:
- prioritise, troubleshoot and optimise processes
- take into account cost, safety, environmental, quality and operational factors
- make improvements leading to more robust processes
- work at full scale and take processes back to the bench in R&D
- work closely with Operations and the Research and Development Manager in prioritising the needs for the business
- work with a minimum level of supervision and work closely within a multidisciplinary team across the site to accomplish their goals
- use Britest methodology and tools as a routine part of the role
- lead and take part in meetings related to products
As a Manufacturing Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- minimum degree level or equivalent in Chemistry
- proven post-degree experience of working in an industrial research team
- you should be able to demonstrate a high level of independence, prioritisation, multi-tasking, good project management skills and a knowledge of production processes and operations
- excellent verbal and written communications skills
For more information or to apply for this Process Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46047 in all correspondence.