Mammalian Cell Culture Principal Research Scientist - Redcar
Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Principal Research Scientist on behalf of a leading biopharmaceutical organisation, to work on Process Development projects related to monoclonal antibody production, based at their site in Redcar on a permanent basis.
This role is located in Redcar, easily commutable from across Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire. There is ample free parking available on site, and there are catering and gym facilities available to staff.The Role:
The main purpose of your role will be establish and evaluate upstream processes, to produce robust and reproducible methods resulting in consistent product quality and yield using Ambr and XDR technology, which can be transferred into cGMP manufacturing.
Your duties will include:
- Providing streamlined experimental planning, execution and evaluation for the manufacture of novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
- Contributing to the implementation of innovative new ways of working.
- Mentoring, training and supporting junior scientists within the group.
- Acting as an interface with other groups including Downstream Processing, Analytical Development and Manufacturing.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to PhD level (or possess equivalent experience) in a relevant Biological subject.
- Knowledge of Mammalian Cell Line expression platforms, or cell culture process development strategies.
- Practical experience in Mammalian Cell Culture.
- Experience of working with CHO cells would be highly beneficial for this position.
- Experience in the operation of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) or pilot scale (up to 200L) bioreactors would be highly beneficial for this position.
The Benefits: The company offer an exceptional benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 35 days holidays + Bank Holidays.
- Private medical cover with BUPA.
- Generous company pension scheme.
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cycle to work, technology equipment, dental plans etc.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3848905 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45573 in all correspondence.