Lead Site Chemist - Merseyside
I am looking for an experienced Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside, as a Lead Site Chemist. This role is a full time, permanent position and will involve working in the outdoors in all weather conditions.As a Senior Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to ensure the company's in-coming waste loads are receipted in line with BMS procedures, as well as ensuring that waste load routing, preparation and dispatch is completed to BMS standards, and to provide a technical management service to assist the Shift Manager. The company is able to offer a salary in the range of £25,000 - £27,000 depending on experience. This role will be working Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. The company offers 23 days holiday + bank holidays. This person may be required to work away occasionally, packing waste at customers locations across the UK.
Further responsibilities of this Lead Site Chemist will include:
- Supporting and controling the site's analytical testing and assessment requirements including all EA/UU technical issues.
- Ensuring acceptance and dispatch operations are in line with the company's BMS, ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Identify and reporting on opportunities and trends in the site's technical control/analysis systems, so that the Company can effectively develop its continuous improvement programme.
- Raising non-conformances on any incoming loads in line with BMS procedures immediately.
- Generating load/dispatch paper-work in line with company & legislative requirements.
- Coach, train and support the junior Site Chemists to ensure outgoing exceeds incoming.
- Maintain effective record keeping and documentation, to include the running of the site's stock control system, production records and in-process records.
As a Lead Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC standard or equivalent in chemistry - essential requirement.
- Educated to Degree standard in chemistry preferred.
- Proven previous experience of working in a similar role in the hazardous waste industry and handling hazardous wastes - essential.
- Experience of having operated in a senior or lead role - strongly preferred.
- In depth appreciation and understanding of technical/chemical waste analysis, management operation and processes.
- Good organisation and planning ability.
- Ability to drive with own transport - essential requirement.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44656 in all correspondence.