CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a manufacturing company in the chemicals and hygiene industry at their site based near Liverpool on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the QA Chemist, the successful Lab Technician will work in the technical department and will be responsible for testing incoming chemical raw materials and finished products, as well as sample preparation, method development, writing method procedures/ updates, lab equipment calibration, wastedisposal, internal audits, clerical duties and housekeeping as instructed by the QA Chemist. The company offers a salary in the region of £20-25,000pa depending on experience.
Laboratory Technician Role: Your main duties will be:
- To test intermediate bulk manufactured products
- Advise upon batch corrections to be made for non-conforming products
- To sample and test incoming raw materials
- To calibrate equipment as detailed in the calibration schedule and to update the calibration manual accordingly
- To update the methods manual with new methods and amendments to existing methods where necessary
- To assist in carrying out internal audits when required under the instruction of the Technical Manager and in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- To deputise for the QA Chemist in their absence
- After training provide support cover in Microbiological routines
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- HND or equivalent in chemistry
- Laboratory experience, ideally HPLC obtained in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Auditing experience
- Can do attitude & flexible approach Computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe illustrator beneficial
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com , quoting job reference 49065.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.