CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join an assay development service at their site in Eastleigh, near Southampton on an initial 3 month contract. This is a part-time role, working 6-10pm, 4 days per week, Monday to Friday.
TheCompany: Our clients are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA/RNA and quantifying it. They have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry andthe veterinary industry selling to over 130 countries worldwide.
As a highly growing biotechnology company they have created a facility for high throughput screening for COVID-19 for their workers. The primary role will be receiving, processing,analysing and reporting the results from samples to facilitate COVID-19 testing needs.
Laboratory Technician Role: Main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Receiving, processing, analysing samples for COVID-19.
- Analysing, interpretingdata and reporting results.
- The ability to troubleshoot software and readings.
- Ensuring that processes are carried out safely and efficiently.
- Maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory.
Your Background: The ideal candidatefor this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a laboratory setting (academic, clinical or industrial).
- Knowledge of PCR methods and troubleshooting.
- Experience of using a biosafety cabinet.
- Excellent attentionto detail and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
This role represents a chance for you to make a real difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network.
Apply: For more information or toapply for this Laboratory Technician position, please contact the Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 51267.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.