CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a chemical company at their site based in Knowsley on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £24,000 per annum depending on experience.
The Company: Our client manufacture metalstearate chemicals and merchant complimentary metal stearate and esters manufactured by the group manufacturing sites in Italy and Spain. The products are generally milled into fine powders and are used in a variety of business sectors including plastics, building materials, personal care and feed.
Laboratory Technician Role: Your main duties will be:
Carrying out QC analysis which includes: o Wet titrations to determine Free Fatty Acid contents o Moisture contents o Ash contentso Particle size distributions o Bulk densities
Preparation of certificates of analysis and dispatching of these to customers
- Maintaining the laboratory inventories.
- Maintaining the laboratory in a good clean condition.
- Processing of production records into the stock computer system.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experienced laboratory technician.
- Good communication, literacy and numeracy. Handwriting will need to be neat and legible.• Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer service.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and concepts such as hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures.
- Possess good organisational skills in order to plan work load.
- Capable of working on own and within team.
- Reliable with excellent attendance and time keeping
There are no formal minimum qualification requirements. Experience of working within a laboratory setting is vital.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Scientist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51862.