Laboratory Technician - Staffordshire
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. This is a contract position with an initial duration of 3 months.
As a Laboratory Technician, the main purpose of your role will be to produce laboratory samples of new formulations for evaluation using designated laboratory mixing equipment.
Further responsibilities of this role will include:
- Testing & evaluation of adhesives, sealants & newly developed products.
- Technical support for other departments in all relevant areas of quality and process development as may be required.
- Providing assistance and support for the marketing & sales team as required.
- Providing clear concise reports both oral and written in support of the project work.
- Organising and controlling of test work as agreed with your Manager.
- Ensuring testing is carried out to the correct protocols whether to Test procedures, externally agreed specifications or recognised national / international standards. Reporting and / or communication of test results in written and or verbal form.
- Keeping and maintaining a comprehensive filing system on all project work.
- Maintaining a clean laboratory workplace in accordance with Company.
- Working in a safe manner following all Laboratory procedures, maintaining MSDS sheets of raw materials & undertaking a COSHH assessment in conjunction with your Manager as required.
- Effective communication with marketing and sales & other staff within the organisation as directed.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of an 'A' level or equivalent in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- The job holder must have good communication skills and be competent in the use of IT.
- An awareness and understanding of the Laboratory environment is essential.
- The role requires a self-starter, able to work on own initiative, work to deadlines and meet targets.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be working with an adhesives manufacturing company based in Staffordshire.
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician position please contact Rob Walker on 01246 457 700 or email Rwalker@ckscience.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33887 in all correspondence.