Laboratory Technician - Cambridge
Oliver Care at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a busy inorganic UKAS accredited laboratory for a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Newmarket, Cambridge on a permanent basis with a salary of up to £16,386 depending on experience.
Our client is committed to continuously improving every aspect of its business and as part of this, they offer all employees full training and support, along with 5 weeks holiday, a contributory company personal pension scheme, and free life and personal accident cover - Mondays to Fridays.
Your main duties will be:
- Preparing samples as identified from work schedules.
- Assisting in the generation of accurate and timely sample and QC data in line with client expectations and company quality systems.
- Running instrumentation for sample testing.
- Assisting in maintenance programing for the departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the department.- Making sure that laboratory procedures are followed to keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
Further responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining, storing and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards.
- Working in a professional and safe manner ensuring that all laboratory areas and work surfaces are free from clutter, and any spillages on the benches, floors.
- Complying with all the Healthy and Safety and ISO14001 requirements of your role.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills, qualifications or experience:
- Educated within a chemistry field or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, computer literate and strong organisation skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Oliver Care on 01438 842976 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45338 in all correspondence.