Laboratory Technician - Cambridge
Jade Stirk at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a growing spin out company from the University of Cambridge, specialising in the discovery of epigenetic biomarkers and development of clinical diagnostic assays. Based on site in Cambridge this position is available on a 12 month contract basis.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be working on the development of a cutting-edge technology and generation of epigenetics datasets. You will work part of a team focusing on deploying qualitive and quantitative assays on biological samples.
Further responsibilities will include:
- DNA extraction using automation systems.
- Epigenetics measurements using automated assays.
- Sequencing of DNA libraries using MiniSeq, NextSeq and NovaSeq.
- Contribute to the development of end-to-end assay workflows from sample in to result.
- Perform manual DNA or RNA extractions from whole blood, plasma, serum, various tissues (FFPE/FFP), buccal and saliva samples.
- DNA/RNA quantification using different methods (fluorometry, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, size, etc.).
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance activities, including ordering supplies and maintaining inventories, preparing reagents, and managing instruments.
- Under supervision, contribute to the design and execution of experiments.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or have relevant industrial experience.
- Knowledge of DNA extraction.
- Understanding of DNA QC methods.
- Experience using LIMS.
- Familiar with ISO 13485.
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician position please contact Jade Stirk on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45891 in all correspondence.