CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory/Technical Manager on behalf of a well established provider of analytical services, to be based at their site in Bicester on a permanent basis.
Company: Our client is an independently owned provider of GLPcompliant analytical services. Established for over 30 years, the organisation employs a small team of highly qualified laboratory personnel, and has a loyal client based. The organisation has plans for significant investment and growth.
Laboratory/Technical Manager Role: The main purpose of this Laboratory/Technical Manager position will be to manage a growing team of laboratory and administrative staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the laboratory functions and analytical work on a day to day basis offering support to analysts and Study Directors at all levels.
- Carrying out laboratory work where required, and assisting with complex method development.
- Acting as Test Facility Manager for the purposes of GLP.
- Answering client queries on projects via email or video call and offer support to Study Directors with technical queries.
- Being able to interpret Sponsor requests and creating custom projects in line with registration guidelines such as SANCO, PPP, Biocide Directive and REACH.
- Supporting with the preparation of technical quotations, study plans and analytical reports.
- Taking primary responsibility for training of all laboratory personnel, from induction to advanced training ensuring that all staff are competent to carry out their duties in line with GLP.
- Ensuring that all laboratory personnel work in a safe manner and to enforce the use of safety measures.
- Managing the laboratory equipment, ensuring that all preventative maintenance, validation and calibration of equipment is carried out in accordance with GLP and data integrity regulations.
- Setting up the chromatography software with new calculations as required, and ensure they are validated in line with GLP.• Acting as system administrator on all laboratory equipment in line with data integrity regulations.
- Carrying out risk assessments in line with GxP data integrity guidance, and work with Quality Assurance to identify any gaps in compliance, and determine suitable action.
Your Background: To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of a range of analytical instruments.
- Experience of method development using techniques such as HPLC, GC, MS, IC and ICP.
- Experience in management of laboratory personnel.
- Understanding of DQ, IQ, OQ & PQ under GxP.
- An understanding of physical testing / storage stability requirements would be highly beneficial for this position.
The Benefits: The company offer an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- A friendly and welcoming working environment operating in a covid secure manner. The organisation fully supported childcare needs and flexible home working through the pandemic.
- Hours are Monday to Friday – typically 8.30am to 4.45pm however flexible working is available.
- Holiday: 22 basic days plus bank holidays, plus 2 days extra at Christmas for company closure.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for training and development both personal and professional.
- Payment of professional memberships to support development, i.e. RSC.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Laboratory/Technical Manager position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49908.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.