Robert Walker is recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor to join an Analytical testing company based in Birmingham, on a full time, temp to perm basis.
As a Laboratory supervisor your role will be
- To will provide basic technical tasks as required to the laboratory facility.
- Be aware of regulatory requirements ensuring compliance with working practices and procedures
- Plan own work as required ensuring that all objectives and deadlines are met also Identify & assess faults/process failure and report complex faults or take appropriate remedial action.
Further responsibilities of this Laboratory supervisor will include:
- Order laboratory consumables to ensure ready supply above minimum stock levels
- Maintain laboratory standards
- Maintain COSHH information for all laboratory chemicals, reagents and substances and ensure that guidance is included as operator instructions in laboratory SOPs
- Ensure that key laboratory equipment is maintained and operating as required
- Provide input for customer quotations as required
- Schedule laboratory activities
- Perform routine laboratory analysis and report results
- Perform non standard laboratory analysis and project work as required
- Supervise laboratory activities
- Check analysis results
- Perform and document instrument calibration, qualification and validation
- Perform basic maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Schedule training programs and where required perform staff training
- Maintain laboratory instrument log books
- Write and review SOPs as required
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping activities
- Measure department activities and report to Management
- Participate in Internal Audits as a member of the audit team
- Contribute to continuous improvement program.
As a Laboratory supervisor, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in scientific discipline
- HNC in scientific discipline plus 3 years relevant experience.
- Clear and detailed knowledge of a GMP environment.
As Laboratory supervisor you will be working with a highly respected testing company based in the East Midlands.
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Supervisor position please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH31279 in all correspondence.