Laboratory Supervisor - Surrey
Matthew Sullivan at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor to join a leading Chemical Manufacturer who specialise in Packaging Solutions at their site based in Surrey on a full time/permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Support the Lab Manager through supervising, scheduling and prioritisation of workflow and testing projects to complete programmes of work on time, on a budget and in full to meet the needs of external and internal clients and in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Provide leadership in the efficient management of resources and adapt to changing priorities and resourcing issues to deliver against KPIs.
- Support the Lab Manager in the delivery of financial review/analysis (including cost management) as required including P&L forecasting and other new business and financial internal reporting.
- Support the Lab Manager and Facilities Coordinator in the identification, specification, ROI analysis, approval, supplier tendering, purchase and commissioning of new equipment.
- Leads development of continuously improving lab workflow management systems including samples tracking, equipment utilisation tracking, scheduling and other workflow tools/technologies.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Supporting management in ensuring the highest standards of health and safety are delivered for all team members, staff from other departments, visitors and contractors in all aspects of operations; lead the team in ensuring high standards of housekeeping for the laboratory.
- Supporting the Lab Manager through supervising the team in adherence to the quality system; support the annual external quality audit activities; contribute to continuous improvement initiatives; contribute towards day to day quality system maintenance related activities (records, calibration, maintenance, deliverable sign-off); Support the Lab Manager with the identifying and delivering of training/development for the team.
- Responsibility for the contractors and visitors on site; shared responsibility for the facilities and equipment of the laboratory building.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in Physics or Material Science (or equivalent).
- Minimum or 3 years production or laboratory supervisory experience.
- Experience of production or workflow systems implementation and/or management, or significant use of electronic planning and workflow tools relating to production or similar process.
- Demonstrated competence in using production or testing machinery.
- Demonstrated competence in scheduling multiple workflows, and adapting to changes in priorities and resourcing issues.
- Demonstrated competence in team leadership, goal setting, working to objectives (targets and KPIs) and managing team and individual performance.
- Demonstrated ability to improve process efficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe working practices related to operating machinery and development of safety documentation (risk assessments/procedures).
- Experience of working within and maintaining quality management systems (procedure development, documentation, accreditation expertise).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a specialist Chemical Manufacturer who is a leader in their field. In return they are offering a salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, coupled with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Sullivan at CK Science on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33511 in all correspondence.