Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor
Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for a Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor on behalf of a multinational provider of laboratory services, to be based in their facilities in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
This FTSE 100 company is not only a leading company within their field, but they also have a network of global teams, with the clear opportunity for expansion and progression. Through their global network of state-of-the-art facilities and industry-leading technical expertise they provide innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services to customers.
The Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for the operational management of the Microbiology Analyst team. They will lead by example, ensuring all aspects of our QHSE processes are followed and will mentor their team through effective guidance, training and technical support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Routine analytical work for the team includes QA of gas oil samples; microbiological and chemical analysis of water (including testing for legionella and hydrocarbon content); and bacteriological MPN determination of waters, solids and waxes.
- Ensure that the daily workload of the Microbiology team is performed efficiently and effectively in accordance with both approved technical standards and client instructions, ensuring turnaround of sample analysis in line with customer timeline expectations and company Total Quality standards.
- Supervise, mentor, organise and delegate work to all staff to ensure daily performance expectations are met.
- Issue and approve client reports, ensuring any billing invoicing details are correct.
- Ensure constant compliance within the Microbiology team with any local systems, rules and procedures, including any standards (ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 18001, ISO 14001, etc) set by the Company and/or external certification authorities.
- Maintenance of quality accreditation for the Microbiology team for agreed work scopes, including acting as focal point for technical quality issues and formally monitor competency and training needs of new and existing staff, maintaining records to certification requirements.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of a Higher National Certificate in related subject and at least 3 years' experience working in an UKAS accredited laboratory.
- At least one year of previous similar experience of supervising workload and staff.
- Exceptional communication skills to lead, motivate and develop the section, with the ability to adapt communication style to audience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels in a professional manner at all times.
- Willing to be “hands on” working at all levels.
- Good problem identification and solving skills.
- Highly proficient in computer programs such as MS Office.
- Previous demonstrable experience of having good awareness of business and client requirements and expectations.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Benefits: This client offers a wellness package. This package includes:
- Wellbeing APP.
- Digital GP.
- Access to counselling services.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee pension.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47016 in all correspondence.