Laboratory Supervisor - London
Jocelyn Blackham at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor to join a non-profit organisation completing blood stem cells research. This role is offered on a full time Fixed Term Contract for 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
- Ability to perform all laboratory techniques for Histocompatibility and Virology Testing to a high standard, and to contribute towards trouble-shooting if and when problems arise
- Organising and supervising staff involved in clinical services work
- Organising the daily workload, including liaising with different teams to allocate available staff to various areas of the work
- Monitoring the contribution of staff to the Laboratory Management work through regular reviews and help team members develop their full potential
- Identifying staff training needs and participating in staff training
- Maintaining accurate records of workload statistics and Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's)
- Monitoring the quality of the day to day work to ensure high standards are maintained
- Deputising for the Laboratory Manager where appropriate
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in Biomedical Science or Molecular Biology or a related Scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- A sound knowledge of HLA and the current techniques used for its typing is essential
- Accreditation to RCPath Part 1 will be advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of job related heath and safety measures
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a non profit organisation completing research and development into blood stem cells based in London.
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Supervisor position please contact Jocelyn on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34592 in all correspondence.