Laboratory Quality Inspector
CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Quality Inspector to join a chemicals manufacturing company in the construction industry at their site based in Belper, on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a well-established chemicals manufacturing company and they now have a vacancy for an experienced Laboratory Technician, who has worked within quality and ISO internal auditing as well as checking product quality in them chemicals sector. Reporting to the Site Leader, the company offers a salary in the region of £23-28,000 for this role depending on experience, as well as pension and 20 days holiday + bank holidays. This role is required to start ASAP in October 2021.
Location: This role is located in Belper, commutable from Derby and surrounding areas.
Lab Quality Technician Role: Your main duties will be:
- Checking product quality and assisting with specific tasks associated with other areas of the laboratory function as required.
- Testing of in-process and finished goods in accordance with relevant test procedures.
- To inform Production of any deviations and to assist in root cause.
- To report Quality performance and analyse product trends.
- To report and write up non conformance whilst maintaining Quality records.
- To audit Production processes to ensure Standards are being met.
- Internal 14001/9001 auditing, able to identify deviation, write reports and capture actions.
- To assist in investigating Customer product complaints.• Lab Testing, Recording and Reporting on in process, finished product and supplied goods to ensure internal and external specifications have been followed and specifications adhered to.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of working in a Production and Quality environment – essential, preferably gained in the chemical manufacturing sector such as sealants, adhesives, etc.
- ISO 9001 / 14001 Internal Auditor experience strongly preferred, ideally with relevant auditing qualification
- Good IT literacy (Excel/Word/Powerpoint) – essential, ideally with knowledge and experience of using SAP
- Degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry/ quality/ a manufacturing related discipline would be advantageous
- Good problem solving skills, builds rapport quickly with the ability to motivate and lead
- Supervisory or team lead experience would be beneficial
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Quality Laboratory Technician position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote reference 51731.