CK Science are recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join an independent family owned chemical company at their site located in Essex on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an independent family owned chemical business that specialises in buying and selling chemicals for the consumer goods sector.
Location: This role is located in Essex and is serviced by a good network of transport links.
Laboratory Manager Role: Your main duties will be:
- Providing management, support, guidance and development to all members of the QC team, supervising 2 QC analysts and 1 QC technician.
- Evaluation of pre-shipment samples and stock organoleptically and by colour, using GC (FID & MS), polarimeter, refractometer, density meter, and tintometer for comparison to internal and client standards.
- Evaluation and positive release of finished goods before dispatch to clients.
- Participating in weekly odour panel and in occasional tasting panel.
- Maintaining of company and client product specifications.
- Providing technical support to staff as requested and Investigating and resolving raw material and blend problems.
- Maintaining contact with client technical departments in order to assure specification alignment and problem solving when necessary.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, ISO 9001:2015 and HACCP.
- Development of new analytical methods when required.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A qualification in a scientific subject or general interest in science.
- Experience working with flavours and fragrances.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office, and also ability to use other bespoke software specific to QC function.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with an outgoing personality.
- Strong analytical skills and approach to problem solving, including understanding the importance of the commercial element in technical matters.
- Occasional visits to clients and suppliers (both UK & Overseas).
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Manager position, please contact Natalie on 01246 457720 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 48515.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.