CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join an international chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Stoke on Trent on a contract basis.
The Company: Our client specialises in the manufacture and distribution of gas products to the automotive, pharmaceutical, food and chemical manufacturing sectors. They are a multi-national organisation and are able to provide their people with excellent training and development opportunities.
Location: The successful Laboratory Manager will be working at our clients manufacturing site located in the Stoke on Trent area. The site is well serviced by good transportation links and is easily reached by public transport.
The Role: Your main duties will be:
- Tolead the laboratory team (2 technicians, 1 Project Leader), providing technical support including data analysis and reporting to the Plant Manager, ensuring quality assurance and quality control of the laboratory outputs.
- Manage Customer Complaints responses and corrective actions.
- Provide support to ISO17005 Accreditation project Leader.
- Health and Safety Standards are upheld, including the wearing of PPE, hazards are identified and minimised. Accident and near miss reporting processes are followed.
- Manage the operational laboratory team to deliver business and customer expectations, driving forward continuous improvement through this safety critical working environment and operation.
- Ensure SOP’s for the Specialty Gas business are maintained, monitored and reviewed.
- Quality systems in the laboratory are maintained and laboratory procedures follow the standards.
- Improvement to laboratory processes are discussed and developed.
- Ensure laboratory operations andsystems meet and follow industry and QC requirements and perform to the set legal framework and guidelines.
- Contributes to and maintains ISO 17025 requirements and documented procedures to ensure all results are accurate and reliable for reportingpurposes.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the laboratory team concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques.
- Reviews, tests, evaluates and modifies equipment and methodology
Your Background: To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a quality controlled laboratory environment where ability to gather and analyse data is essential and decisions made make life better for customers.
- Ability to manage people and process in a busy industrial gas laboratory environment.
- IT skills - ability to use PCs and associated laboratory equipment software.
- Able to interpret information quickly and accurately identifying trends as well as any gaps that are impacting on business optimisation.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference number 50870