Abbi Carmody at CK Group is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a specialist road marking company in the Highway Construction and Maintenance sector at their site based in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
Our client manufactures high quality road marking materials for the Highway Construction and Maintenance sector and is the largest UK contractor offering specialist installation of a range of road marking materials and surface treatment products. Our client, based near Milton Keynes and at Bradford, also provide full technical support including in-situ testing and monitoring for all divisions and their clientele.
Due to continued expansion and business reorganisation, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, self-motivated materials specialist to provide full management of well-equipped laboratories based at their site near Milton Keynes.
Duties: Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- New product development,
- Planned improvements to current product ranges and all quality functions including quality control and support with accreditations.
- There will also be a requirement to offer some on-site support to the Group and a full driving licence is therefore required.
You must possess and be able to demonstrate extensive experience of working within and managing a laboratory ideally in a materials technology field or similar discipline with a “hands-on” approach.
- Preferably qualified in a materials technology, polymer chemistry or similar discipline ideally to degree level
- Previous managerial experience in a lab setting
- Possess strong technical ability with sound analytical skills
- Well organised, methodical and committed to achieving the Company's objectives in a fast moving and challenging environment as well
- Able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills required at all levels.
- Life insurance
- Private medical/dental insurance
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46569 in all correspondence