CK Science is recruiting for a highly experienced Laboratory Manager to join a start-up Life Science organisation, where the successful candidate will take lead in the laboratory facility set up to enable the testing of blood samples collected from all over the UK, using fully-automated diagnostic analysers. This is a permanent role based in Milton Keynes.
Essential for this role is strong Laboratory Management qualities, as our client is looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking Laboratory Manager with strong leadership, management and technical skills, as well as a sound knowledge of QMS to be able to lead the Serology Medical Laboratory.
To provide leadership, overall management, operation, service delivery and administration of the Serology laboratory to ensure that all service and operational KPI’s are met at all times. This will include the introduction of monitoring systems and processes, employment of appropriately qualified personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, monitoring operations, quality assurance and analytical testing.
Laboratory Manager responsibilities:
- Establish specimen acquisition, preparation and storage procedures; develop and implement analytical procedures; evaluate laboratory information.
- Maintain medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees on correct use of equipment and laboratory
- Degree qualified in Science or equivalent
- Experience working in a Serology/Immunology preferred, and working in a commercial medical laboratory will be desirable.
- Experience in operating Biochemistry or ELISA instruments.
- Experience in PCR techniques.
- Knowledge in communication protocol between computers and host Laboratory information systems.
- Experience of managing Laboratory QMS
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or via email on email@example.com, quoting job ref 48298.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.