Laboratory Manager - North Cambridgeshire
Do you have sound HPLC and GC experience along with people management skills, and are looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a service provider to the chemicals industry based in North Cambridgeshire, on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is provides services to the chemicals industry and they are now looking for a Laboratory Manager to join their team due to company expansion. This person will report into the Technical Director and will be responsible for 4 lab staff including technicians and chemists. The main purpose of the Lab Manager's role will be to provide effective leadership to the Laboratory Department and to support other functions across the site. The company is able to offer a salary circa £35,000 which be dependent on experience, as well as 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing with length of service. Please note some bank holidays are required to be worked and some out of hours working will be required on occasion. Benefits include pension scheme, salary reviews and other benefits. This person will be responsible for 4 direct reports. Previous supervisory/ people management experience is essential as is HPLC and GC experience, including trouble shooting and maintenance.
Location: This role is located in North Cambridgeshire, easily commutable from Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Lead and oversee the day to day management of the laboratory function.
- Manage performance, appraise, set and assess objectives for your direct reports.
- Set and deliver departmental KPI in support of business objectives and targets.
- Work closely with senior management to meet key strategic, financial and performance goals.
- Ensure the laboratory is effective and efficient thus minimising production delays.
- Ensure that analysis is carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure testing equipment is fit for purpose, calibrated and maintained as necessary.
- Prepare estimates of cost for major laboratory (CapEx) expenses and prepare the business case.
- Continuously improve the service the laboratory offers to the company and its customers.- Write and approve procedures and technical documentation within the department.
- Expected to cover holidays/absences in laboratory to support production, when required.
- Please note this is not an exhaustive list, please contact CK for more details.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working within a Laboratory Management/Supervisory role, within the chemicals industry - essential.
- Competent in HPLC and GC analysis, as well as having experience in method development, validation and instrument trouble shooting - essential.
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry or a related discipline.
- Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP, ISO9001 standards.
- Familiar with Health & Safety requirements in the laboratory environment.
- Experienced in management of self and others, including demonstrable track record in working effectively as part of a small professional team.
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when necessary.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45542 in all correspondence.