Laboratory Manager - Hertfordshire
Matthew Sullivan at CK Science is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join an Environmental Consultancy at their site in Hertfordshire on a full time, permanent basis.
The main purpose of your role as a Laboratory Manager will be to:
- Be responsible for all activities and performance of staff within the laboratory ensuring that all analysis is complete within targets and deadlines.
- Ensure that the laboratory is appropriately resourced (personnel and equipment) to enable targets to be achieved as set by the Senior Operations Manager.
- Work closely with customers, the sales team and the Quality Manager to ensure laboratory objectives are met to the required standards as set by the Senior Operations Manager.
- Provide training, direction and guidance to laboratory staff at all levels.
- Complete appraisals for laboratory staff and ensure all laboratory staff undergo appraisals and reviews.
- Travel within the UK at short notice and outside of normal working hours in-line with business objectives.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a science subject, ideally Chemistry.
- Proven experience of managing a large team (15+).
- Experience in using GCMS, LCMS and HPLC, including method development experience.
- An ability to operate up to senior management level within client organisations, achieve demanding targets and deadlines and work alone or with minimal supervision.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be joining a Environmental Consultancy, who in return offers a competitive salary depending on experience coupled with excellent benefits.
For more information or to apply to the role of Laboratory Manager, please contact Matthew Sullivan at CK Science on 01438 768712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33584 in all correspondence.