Laboratory Manager - Greater Birmingham
Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a Chemical Manufacturing company based in Greater Birmingham on a full time, permanent basis. The hours of work are 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am- 4:30pm on Friday. This client manufactures specialist adhesives and supplies to clients throughout the UK and Europe. This role is suitable for both an experienced Technical Manager or an experienced Chemist looking to move into management.
Job Summary: Working in a fast paced environment, you will manage the day to day Quality Control Testing in the Laboratory supporting Production & Sales. Coordinating New Development work & formulating new products. You will be required to maintain high levels of Quality, Admin & House Keeping, work to deadlines & complying with the company's Health & Safety procedures.
As a Laboratory Manager you will:
- Manage the Laboratory with responsibilities over the Laboratory Technician.
- To actively oversee day to day quality control testing including competitor sample matching to existing / developmental grades.
- Organise the efficient running of the Laboratory. From testing, document control to small scale production samples.
- Support the Works Manager with problem solving quality issues in production, reworking & raw material placement.
- Communicate well within your department & with other staff. Establish good contact with raw material suppliers particularly on quality, standard tests & certification results. Assist in the approval of purchasing alternative raw materials.
- Comply with relevant H&S documentation. Monitor/measure checklists on equipment & operations as required, maintaining good housekeeping, organising storage, reducing risks.
- Oversee checks on despatch notes as required.
- Investigate Customer technical queries, complaints, samples etc.
- Develop new products & make adjustments to existing ones.
- Complete accurate reports & keep clear up to date records. Utilising the formualtion programme, Operating System & Label System.
- Responsible for COSHH & the labelling system software, coa's, updating technical information & MSDS's.
The successful Laboratory Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science or equivalent.
- Managerial experience.
- Formulating & batch control.
- Experience working in a Laboratory Testing Environment desired.
- Have previous experience in various materials testing techniques.
- Satisfactory level of competence in IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Confronting Direct Reports - Deals with problem directly, reports firmly and in a timely manner.
- Managing and Measuring Work - Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Organizing - Can marshal resources (people, material, support, etc.) to get things done.
- Material testing techniques - viscometry, rheology, solids content, tack testing & coatings.
To apply for this Laboratory Manager position contact Natalie Wood via email: email@example.com or telephone: 01246 457700 or please click on the link below to apply online.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH38207 in all correspondence