Laboratory Manager - Cheshire
Natalie Wood is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to join a leading testing laboratory who are UKAS accredited on a permanent basis in Cheshire. The company is offering a salary in the region of £30,000 - £37,000pa depending on skills and experience, benefits include 25 days holiday, pension scheme, flexitime, promotional opportunities, cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers and more.
The Laboratory Managers responsibilities include:
Implements, maintains, enforces, and improves in the laboratory, the Company's operating plans for the following: Quality Management , Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance, Legal and Ethical Compliance and Training
Ensures that the laboratory contributes to a fair and reasonable profit for the Branch.
- Takes on a technical role and has overall responsibility for the technical operations and the provision of the resources needed to ensure the required quality of laboratory operation. He/she shall maintain and improve laboratory's technical operation efficiency in a cost-effective manner, ensure resources such as manpower, training, equipment, workflow etc. are available to create a sustainable laboratory operation.
- Provides adequate supervision of testing and review of results. Halts testing in the laboratory as a result of nonconforming testing.
- Ensures that adequate calibrated equipment and trained personnel are available for all jobs.
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Supervises Chemists and Laboratory Technicians.
- Drive performance through setting clear performance expectations
- Manage performance through regular communications including one to one
The successful Laboratory Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- HNC or equivalent and 3+ years of relevant experience in the petroleum industry.
- Preferably a BSc in chemistry or similar field and 2+ years of laboratory experience within the petrochemical industry.
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills obtained in a previous position with the ability to manage personnel to achieve the quality system, training, safety and financial goals of the office.
- Understanding of the significance of the data generated by test methods.
- Petroleum/Petrochemical testing experience
To apply for this Laboratory Manager position contact Natalie Wood via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457723 or please click on the link below to apply online. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH42159 in all correspondence.