Laboratory Development Manager - Staffordshire
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Laboratory Development Manager to join a manufacturer of construction materials based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
The company is a Times Top 100 Employer and offers a generous benefits package. Now looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager who can lead a team of experienced chemists and technicians within the company's newly refurbished laboratory, this is a challenging role within the Technical Department that comes with a high degree of responsibility. This person will report to the Technical Director and would best suit an experienced applicant with knowledge of formulation of construction materials, experience of working within R&D and QC, and ideally managerial or supervisory experience however the company may consider candidates wishing to take a step up from a senior R&D role. In return for a hard working attitude, the company offers a salary between £35-37,000 depending on skills and experience in addition to a bonus scheme, pension scheme, healthcare, dental care scheme, life cover and more. Holiday also increases with each year's service up to a limit.
Responsibilities of this Laboratory Development Manager will be:
- managing both the Quality Control and Research & Development teams within the Laboratory facility
- to take a lead role in managing development & technical project requests undertaken by the R&D team ensuring projects meet specified requirements and are completed within time & economic constraints
- responsible for the focus of the Quality Team in providing a high standard of quality testing for both finished product and raw materials
- manage efficiently the planning & scheduling of work load around both teams ensure good communication with the department and to others
- responsible for providing the drive and motivation amongst your teams required to create new and innovative products
- travel required when necessary
- Please note this is not an exhaustive list; please contact CK for a full job description
As a Laboratory Development Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- proven industrial experience of working with construction materials such as cements, bitumens, aggregates etc.
- experience of working in a product development laboratory environment that has direct responsibilities to a production facility
- experience of the demands placed on a busy Quality Control laboratory including physical and mechanical testing-experience either of being an experienced manager in a similar role OR possibly a motivated individual looking to step up from a senior R&D role
- excellent communication and reporting skills and able to provide the motivation, drive and innovation that the role demands
- valid driving license
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Development Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH38641 in all correspondence.