Laboratory Assessor - Gloucestershire / Home Based
Asad Karim is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Assessor to join a company within the food and drinks industry sector. This is a permanent position which involves travel around the UK and to Ireland but primarily you will be homebased. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at the top of their respective field, and in return for your skills they are offering a salary range of £30,000 to £33,000, dependant upon experience. This is coupled with an excellent benefits package including 24 days annual leave, company car, company pension scheme, and private medical insurance.
The Company: Our client focuses on being a scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
Location: After successful completion of training, this role will be homebased with 2/3 visits to the main site every month.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Manage and deliver assessments, pre-assessments, consultancies, training and other work for the auditing and related services.
- Interface with clients and provide up to date advice and assistance relating to laboratory quality standards, good laboratory practice and accreditation.
- Contribute to development of new business.- Business generation and development of external business profile.
- Liaising with clients, and financial planning and budgetary management.
- Primarily office based but requirement for regular travel in the UK as well as abroad.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised qualifications in, and proven, up to date knowledge and experience of food microbiology.
- Extensive proven practical experience and technical understanding of up to date standard/recognised food microbiology methods and novel/commercial rapid methods (covering pathogens, indicator and spoilage organisms) and routine testing activities.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the management and technical requirements in ISO 17025 and/or CLAS Standard - acquired by first-hand experience over several years.
- Experience of planning and conducting in house method evaluations/validations, appraising data and compiling validation reports.
- Be trained in the principle of auditing with previous proven experience of auditing quality systems against recognised Standards (preferably within laboratory operations).
- Practical/working knowledge of specific retailer requirements for microbiology laboratories is desirable, but not essential.
- Full and clean driving licence, and be comfortable driving long distances and driving to/from sites for business purposes.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK, and if not a UK citizen, must not have restrictions for travel and work outside the UK.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Asad Karim at CK Science on 01246 457712 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45529 in all correspondence.