CK Science are recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join an environmental testing company at their site based in Newcastle on a full time, permanent basis. This role is offering a salary of £18,000 - £20,000 DOE
Your main duties will be:
- Undertaking laboratory analysis of samples from a variety of sources and in strict adherence to analytical methods and standard operating procedures.
- Analysis and investigation of results in conjunction with the senior staff.
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Develop, validate, review, update and implement standard operating procedures, for work undertaken in their area of responsibility, in conjunction with senior staff.
- Ensuring that procedures are followed routinely and departures or changes are brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
- Undertake data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
- The Laboratory Analysts will uphold and comply with the requirements of UKAS Accreditation.
- To undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility requested by a senior manager
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree qualified in a Science subject
- Knowledge and experience of GC-FID, GCMS or IR
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Analyst position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 50294.