Laboratory Analyst, Nottinghamshire
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join a waste and environmental management company based in Nottinghamshire on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Laboratory Analyst, the main purpose of your role will be to complete daily analysis of Processed Fuel Oil and waste oils to ensure compliance with PFO Protocol and company specifications, providing traceable and auditable results. This is an analytical role which requires a keen eye for detail and a methodical approach.
Further responsibilities of this Laboratory Analyst will include:
- Analysis of oil and fuel samples in a timely manner maintaining UKAS accredited standards at all times.
- Supporting production personnel in establishing process inputs and interpreting results.
- Maintaining laboratory quality standard supporting the Senior Analyst to maintain sample output
- Analysis required to maintain quality assurance of Processed Fuel Oil and waste products within both legislative and company parameters.
- The use of; EDXRF and WDXRF, Sediment Tester, Carbon residue tester, pH analysis, ash determination and other quality control tests.
- Use and interpretation of PCB analysis results from Gas Chromatograph
- Supporting the maintenance, calibration and quality of laboratory equipment.
- Working closely with production personnel to establish process inputs and interpret outputs
- Any other duties as necessary for the proper performance of the role.
As a Laboratory Analyst, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in analytical chemistry - essential requirement
- Proven experience of working in an analytical testing role in an industrial laboratory - essential requirement
- Experience using and interpreting XRF and GC results - at least one of these in an industrial environment - essential requirement
- Experience working within UKAS laboratory environment
- Experience of working within ISO9001/ISO14001 environment
- Any experience of working with oils would be advantageous.
- Ability to drive is required due to the location of the site.
- Ability to be flexible through varied tasks and roles
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make logical decisions
- Methodical and organised, particularly when dealing with lots of incoming data
- Professional approach
- Strong Team Player
- Good written and oral communication
As a laboratory analyst you will be working with a waste and environmental management company based in Nottinghamshire.
- This person will report to the senior analyst.
- Hours are 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday with alternate Saturday mornings being required (4 hours).
- Please note that the above essential requirements are imperative. HNC qualification or equivalent may be considered only if considerable Gas Chromatography and X-Ray Fluorescence experience has been gained in industry.
- The company offers the following benefits:
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- 1% pension
- Healthcare benefits scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Analyst position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33492 in all correspondence.