3x Laboratory Analysts - Aberdeenshire
Are you a chemistry graduate looking for your first role in industry? Or a laboratory analyst looking for your next career move? If so you may be interested in the 3x Laboratory Analyst roles we're currently handling on a full time, permanent basis at our client's site in Aberdeenshire.
CK Group are working with an innovative Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. This part of their global exploration and production business is based in Aberdeen and provides analytical testing and knowledge-based consultancy services along the entire oil and gas value chain - from reservoir to refinery. These three full time permanent roles offer a competitive salary and benefits and will allow for opportunities to build your laboratory experience with a view to potentially experiencing offshore and site based work once fully trained.
This FTSE 100 company is not only a leading company within their field, but they also have a network of global teams, with the clear opportunity for expansion and progression. Their site in Aberdeen is looking for 3x Laboratory Analysts to join their team with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and be able to prioritise their workload.
- Perform the daily activities of the department efficiently and effectively in accordance with both approved technical standards and client requirements as directed by supervisors.
- Act as a role model and mentor junior staff within the section to ensure technical requirements and section performance are delivered every day in line with customer expectations and Quality standards.
- Support and provide training of junior staff in analytical techniques in which you are competent.
- Assist the section with the collation of the sample analysis results and preparation of final reports for proof reading and issue by an appropriate authorised signatory.
- Support the section by performing stock-taking and receipting of consumables for the section.
- Act as a representative of the company when communicating with clients.
- Perform necessary equipment maintenance to ensure they remain within acceptable operating and (where appropriate) valid calibration standards.
- Report all technical faults and non-conformance issues to manager providing technical information as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have as a minimum:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry or a closely related subject.
- Alternatively can demonstrate proven industrial experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Can demonstrate exceptional organisational skills to ensure priorities are met and the ability to plan and organise day-to-day workload with minimal supervision.
- Willing to be "hands on" working at all levels.
- A positive attitude.
- Good time management and an ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- IT literate to include good level of skills in MS Office software.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, or Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44426 in all correspondence.