Lab Engineer - Brinny, Cork
CK Group is recruiting for a Lab Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Brinny on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The role, will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The role of the Lab Engineer is to provide and/or improve asset/capacity reliability through technical support of the laboratory area by providing technical expertise to resolve equipment, facility and utilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Liaison between site third part provider and Laboratory Asset Management Coordinator on site.
- Single Point Contact understands & prioritises portfolio of third party work.
- SME for Utilities supplying the labs.
- Ensuring that lab equipment is on SAP and liaison with lab personnel on the update of this system.
- Ensuring that follow on recommendations/requirements from equipment service providers is reviewed and acted upon where appropriate.
- Work with lab instrumentation person on recommended equipment upgrades/replacement through capital investment. Key member of Laboratory Supply Risk reduction Team (including prioritisation)
- Assist the lab in ensure the labs are kept in the safety manner, assist in response to safety/insurance audits and help in these audits.
- Coach to Laboratory SMEs for appropriate EHS Standards.
- Accountable person for driving and promoting the reliability program within the lab area. Develops a strategy and plan to deliver same through sponsorship and agreement with lab personnel.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other engineering problems.
- Identifies and corrects chronic, repetitive and costly equipment problems.
- Analysis of Equipment History to assure effectiveness of all maintenance efforts.
- Looks outside of the site to engage with other sites and industries to improve equipment reliability by implementing solutions.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Technical).
- Desirable project management qualification such as, Project Management Professional. Asset Management Diploma.
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with good utilities understanding and experience (5 yrs+ in the pharma industry).
- Ideally has experience in a similar role. Otherwise has worked and has experience of vendor management and delivering an asset care and reliability programs.
- Solid engineering acumen.
- Solid business acumen.
- Good people influencer and communicator.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
- Takes ownership and works on minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and fostering relationships with project stakeholder including.- Ability to analyse and identify trends.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
For more information or to apply for the Lab Engineer position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457733 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45350 in all correspondence.