Junior Environmental Sustainability Associate - Brentford, Middlesex
CK Group is recruiting for a Junior Environmental Sustainability Associate to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Brentford on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a global healthcare company who take on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. They provide health benefits to patients and consumers and have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Brentford is located at the confluence of the rivers Brent and Thames. The area is well severed by public transport from central London, Waterloo station and surrounding areas.
The Role:This is an amazing opportunity to get hands-on experience from working in a global sustainability team, in our clients Environmental Sustainability Centre of Excellence, and supporting the roll out of a Sustainability Strategy across the wider business.
- Internal and external engagement on environmental sustainability commitment
- Support global projects to reduce usage of plastics
- Support projects which would include collecting environmental data from key suppliers
- Calculating carbon footprints and identifying opportunities for reduction throughout companywide value chain
- Supporting our supply chain sustainability collaborations to decrease environmental impact across global supply chain.
- Conducting water impact assessments and identifying areas for improvement.
- Supporting activities to meet ambitious waste targets
- Supporting the process of identifying and mitigating risks in the supply chain, including high risk materials and development of sustainable procurement policies.
This is an fantastic chance for someone early in their career to gain industry experience in one of the worlds largest and most well know pharmaceutical companies. Ideally you will have degree or equivalent working experience in a scientific subject, a passion for sustainability and excellent communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha on 01246 457739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46066 in all correspondence.