Asad Karim is currently recruiting for an Information Scientist to join a leading Food and Drinks R&D company based in Gloucestershire on a permanent basis. This client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
As an Information Scientist you will:
- Participate in larger multi-faceted projects with a focus on gathering, disseminating and compiling information.
- Support the development of new information services, including ascertaining customer needs and requirements and demonstrating these to clients internal and external.
- Utilise strategic intelligence and information tools to be able to extract information across a range of websites including social media and proprietary databases.
- Participate in the promotion of departmental services internal and external.
- Assist with technical information enquiries including large research enquiries.
- Support other areas of the information department as required.
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Graduate or Postgraduate level qualification(s) in Information Science accredited by CILIP, or related discipline.
- Great organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative.
- Experience of extracting, summarising and presenting information in a variety of formats.
- Excellent understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and information management systems.
- Awareness of current information science practice and use of the latest technologies in providing information in the appropriate formats.
- Excellent all-round IT skills including use of information tools.
- Ideally experience of developing information-based solutions particularly in the area of situational awareness.
- Ideally experience of data analytics in areas such as published research and patent information.
To apply for this Information Scientist position contact Asad Karim via email: email@example.com or telephone: 01246 457712 or please click on the link below to apply online. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46312 in all correspondence.