In Vitro Scientist - Cambridgeshire
Jocelyn Blackham at CK Science is currently recruiting for an In Vitro Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire. This role is offered on a full time temporary basis for 12 months.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to work in a vibrant group at the leading edge of their field to support drug safety assessment, a critical component of the drug discovery and development process. The successful individual will participate in or lead new aspects of in vitro pharmacological profiling as part of on-going strategic development of selectivity screening in the Company. Understanding the translation of this in vitro data to pre-clinical and clinical effects is important and will direct the future strategy. The candidate will work collaboratively with scientists across the Company to deliver this. This is a non-lab based role.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Design and interpret in vitro pharmacological profiling data to influence project decision-making
- Work in close collaboration with Discovery Safety Specialists, to set and answer critical project safety questions
- Liaise with the Enabling Services Out-sourcing group to deliver outsourced in vitro pharmacological profiling studies to quality, time and cost
- Develop a broad understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind drug effects in vivo with the aim of increasing our understanding of the translation of in vitro to in vivo and deliver solutions to project issues
- Recommend, gain commitment, initiate, lead and champion new innovations within the in vitro pharmacological profiling and Discovery Safety Discipline
- Deliver high quality study reports and contributions to documentation for Regulatory Submission
- Participate in and contribute to Global Discovery Safety project reviews
- Maintain and develop strong vendor relationships
- Communicate to a high standard internally and externally to enhance the scientific reputation of the Company
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline (for example, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, physiology) with an excellent track-record in driving innovative science.
- Previous technical experience of in vitro pharmacological or biochemical assay development and screening (e.g. radioligand binding, enzyme activity and functional cell-based systems).
- Experience of working in drug projects and a good understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development process is a benefit but not essential.
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire.
For more information or to apply for this In Vitro Scientist position please contact Jocelyn on +44 (0)1438 842 962 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST34819 in all correspondence.