CK Group are recruiting for an immunologist on behalf of an innovative biotechnology research organisation, to be based at their site in Motherwell on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring that customer studies are correctly resourced, scheduled, and executed to meet deadlines, with minimal support from senior team members.
This role requires experience in a range of assay techniques, technical understanding of a wide range of methodologies, ability to work on highly complex projects independently. You should have the ability to manage critical reagents, understanding of a Quality Management System, and excellent organisational skills.
Your duties will include:
- Guiding customers to make the best decisions for assay design and data interpretation.
- Applying high-level technical knowledge to assay development, qualification and validation.
- Leading complex development studies across a range of technical areas.
- Identifying the relevant technical resources required to design and develop complex assays
- Supporting and mentoring junior Study Managers as required.
- Training junior staff to a high level of competence.
- Independently managing studies including study planning, scheduling, preparation and review of documentation, and customer communication, with support from the Project Lead and/or Senior Study Manager.
- Preparing protocol, reports and proposals for a wide range of studies, including complex development and qualification studies.
- Leading customer discussions and advising on complex challenges that may arise during a customer study.
- Supporting the commercial team in preparing proposals and contracts.
- Contributing to discussion on research and development projects
- Designing and implementing process improvements to ensure that the studies are operationally efficient
To be considered for the position you should ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to PhD level (Or BSc level with industrial experience) in Immunology, or a related discipline, with a good knowledge of a range of immunological techniques
For more information, or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email@example.com.