Head Of QA & QP - Middlesex
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Head of QA & QP to join the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. They are now a leading company for innovative and top-quality high-tech products in healthcare, life science and performance materials with 39,000 employees in 65 countries all striving to improve the quality of life for patients. This is a new role which has arisen from splitting a previous position responsible for RA & QA role in to two separate parts with the previous incumbent focusing on the RA thus creating this post. This is a full time permanent position and is based at their main commercial UK site in Middlesex.
The Quality Manager will lead and manage all quality and compliance related aspects for UK & Ireland with regards to GMP and GDP in alignment with the strategy defined with the business and global quality functions.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
Implement a Quality Management System (QMS) at the subsidiary based on Corporate and Global company standards and procedures as well as international and local applicable GMP and GDP regulations
Build quality awareness at local management and ensure that local management and functions fulfil them with regard to quality requirements as defined in the applicable regulations
Monitor and report quality performance indicators to management and take leadership in the performance of Quality Management Reviews
Manage the Quality Department team that covers all GMP/GDP quality tasks
- Manage quality related aspects of company GMP/GDP vendors and partners in the country
Liaise with quality global functions and report status of quality systems implementation, KQI and quality issues
Implement a quality risk management process on the QMS processes
- Act as the local Qualified Person
Assure that company standards and local regulations are implemented and followed by all employees of the subsidiary
Manage and follow up quality inspections held by local Health Authorities
- Defend company positions regarding quality issues at the local Health Authorities
- Assure external GMP/GDP partners are in compliance with Company standards and local regulations
- The management of local Quality Team
- Oversee external providers (GMP/GDP partners, CMOs and Distributors)
- To act as interface between Global Quality and the local organization
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Doctorate or academic degree in natural or applied sciences - Pharmacy, Chemistry, Engineering, Biotechnology (or equivalent)
- A Qualified Person with the status to operate in the UK
- Extensive work experience in quality assurance and/or quality control and/or production/distribution in the pharmaceutical industry / pharmaceutical commercial subsidiary
- Thorough knowledge of GMP, GDP and applicable local regulations
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company that generated total revenues of € 11.5 billion in 2014 within their three business sectors: Healthcare, Life Science and Performance Materials.
For more information or to apply for this Head of QA & QP position please contact Jason on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33659 in all correspondence.