Head Of Brewing (Beer/ Cider) - Surrey
Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for a Head of Brewing Services to join a brewing company at their site based in Surrey on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company at the top of their respective field, and in return for your skills they are offering a salary range from £50,000- £70,000, dependant upon experience. This is coupled with an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave,car allowance, company pension scheme, and private medical insurance.
The Company: Our client focuses on being a scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. .
Location: This role is located quite remotely and would require the candidate to have their own transport in order to commute to the site in Surrey.
The sector focus for the Department is alcoholic beverages (beer, cider, wine and spirits), but they also work with raw materials such as hops and malted barley, as well as with soft drinks. The Brewing Services Department covers a broad range of technical support activities including sensory, pilot brewing and malting facilities to support clients with NPD and research projects, process engineering and microbiology.
Summary: The head of department will secure a robust sales pipeline both for this department and the broader site in Surrey. They will manage all aspects of the delivery of technical services in the department, in particular all aspects relating to technical and/or scientific capabilities, staff levels, training and development and motivation, resources, budget and business management.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Business generation and development of external business profile.
- Liaising with clients, and financial planning and budgetary management.
- Primarily office based but requirement for regular travel in the UK as well as abroad.
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a Science related subject.
- Expert and demonstrable knowledge of the needs of the alcoholic drinks and related industries with the ability to use this to influence and inform strategic business decisions
- Proven strong business development and consultancy experience
- Strong network of key players in the brewing/beer industry. Recognised within the industry
- Acknowledged technical expertise in area relevant to Brewing activities
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry at CK Group on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45013 in all correspondence.