Group Leader - Medicinal Chemistry - Harlow
A fantastic position has arisen for an experienced Group Leader/Team Leader with broad experience in Medicinal Chemistry (covering therapeutic areas and phases of drug discovery) to join a innovative drug discovery company.
Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for a Group Leader - Medicinal Chemistry to join a company specialising in a variety of pre-clinical and clinical laboratory services for the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. This role will be based at their site in Harlow on a permanent basis.
On offer is an excellent salary plus Pension, Medical insurance (covering the family), bonus, 25 days holidays and relocation assistance.
The successful candidate will have the following essentials skills:
- Strong industry experience especially within drug discovery.
- Experienced Line Manager/ Project Manager who has successfully motivated, developed and mentored scientists.
Job Summary: A scientific leadership role achieved through effective delivery and decision making for self and multiple teams, with accountability for management of project finance and resource. The successful candidate will be influential within own discipline and a positive role model across disciplines, who proactively manages performance and development of direct and indirect reports.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Acting as a key representative of Chemistry management team.
- To provide managerial leadership within the Chemistry department.
- To provide independent scientific leadership of multiple project teams by designing, influencing and coordinating work plans, actively managing project resources.
- To provide chemistry and drug discovery expertise to clients.
- To take a leading role in business development activities.
What we are looking for:
- A PhD in chemistry, with a strong desire for personal development to enable progression within the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- An experienced line manager who has successfully motivated, developed and mentored scientists and line managers with a range of experience.
- Broad expertise in medicinal chemistry covering different therapeutic areas and phases of drug discovery across target classes and gene families (e.g. active-to-hit, hit-to-lead, lead optimisation).
- Strong track record of independent scientific leadership and impact to projects, as evidenced by delivery of multiple project milestones, publications and/or co-inventorship on multiple patent applications.
- Experience of successfully leading integrated drug discovery projects with strong evidence of interacting closely across disciplines (e.g. biology and ADME).
If successful, you will be joining a innovative drug discovery company. In return there is an attractive salary, coupled with excellent benefits and career progression opportunities (the successful candidate to progress to Director level).
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH43883 in all correspondence.