Graduate Chemist - Greater Birmingham
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Lab supervisor\Chemist to join a leading waste management company based in the Greater Birmingham area, on a full time, temporary to permanent basis. The contract duration for this role will initially be on a 1 month rolling basis.
As a Lab supervisor\Chemist, the main purpose of your role is to efficiently receive, process and dispatch incoming wastes through a hazardous waste treatment and transfer facility. Paramount to the role is that waste is assessed and handled in an approved manner ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental compliance is met whilst demonstrating continuous improvement in productivity, plant availability and the quality of materials produced.
Further responsibilities of this Lab supervisor\Chemist role will include:
- Supervising lab staff ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and controlling all processes within the facility in terms of people and equipment to ensure operational productivity and plant availability.
- Ensuring security of waste entering the facility and disposal in line with any stated customer requirement.
- Ensuring inputs and outputs meet defined standards e.g. PPC, discharge consent, pre acceptance, onward transfer caveats, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
- Controlling material flows through the site to ensure delays and backlogs are minimised.
- Carrying out regular stock control and inventory of materials, both waste and consumables held on site.
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensuring any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Keeping abreast of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and Company policy to ensure defined standards and best practice are implemented.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with all company policy, process and procedures.
- Deputising for the Process & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Analysing and reviewing activities, cost-control, Health & Safety and service KPI's, implementing necessary corrective actions in the event of variance.
- Analysing samples according to Company Procedures
As a Lab supervisor\Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English
- Min HNC Chemistry qualification
- Ideally have experience as a chemist in a waste management business
- IT literate - comfortable using business software and systems
- Good time management skills
- Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues
- Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data and take appropriate corrective action
- Able to communicate at all levels, both in verbal & written form.
For more information or to apply for this Lab supervisor\Chemist position please contact Rob Walker on 01246 45 77 00 or email Rwalker@ckscience.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34422 in all correspondence.