GC-MS Field Maintenance Engineer, York
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a GC-MS Field Maintenance Engineer to join a York based security and authentication company for the Oil & Gas industry, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a GC-MS Field Maintenance Engineer, the main purpose of your role will be to focus on the installation, maintenance and general repair of a gas chromatography/mass spectrometry platform in widespread and, sometimes, remote locations. You will also support new and on-going programs in relation to the GC-MS instrumentation while ensuring proper client training.
Further responsibilities of this GCMS Field Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Travelling internationally for GC-MS equipment installation
- Training local partner and client personnel
- Conducting periodic maintenance and repair visits to mobile or stationary laboratory locations
- Working closely with Product Development, specifically in the area of GC-MS instrumentation and product realization
- Supporting Program Management in the integration of GC-MS technology with other program technologies and services
- Coordinating third-party equipment service companies
- Focusing on continuous improvement
- Working closely and flexibly with internal and external clients
As a GC-MS Field Maintenance Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience with GC-MS - essential requirement
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science or Engineering - strongly preferred
- Direct experience with GC and GC/MS use, maintenance and repair - essential requirement
- Analysis of petroleum products via the same - preferred
- Located in the York area or willing to relocate
- Able and willing to travel internationally on a regular basis (up to 40%)
- Experience with Agilent GCMS would be preferred but not essential
- Possesses the ability to perform moderate to complex troubleshooting activities on GC-MS instrumentation in an independent manner, following required procedures
- Ability to exercise complex analytical skills and to make decisions based on established company guidelines
- Excellent communication in written and verbal form
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Experienced in the setup, maintenance and basic repair of GC and GC-MS systems
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong initiative and sense of ownership with all aspects of the job
- Comfort and flexibility to travel internationally
As GC/MS Field Maintenance Engineer you will be working with a security and authentication company based in York for the O&G industry.
- Reports to: VP, Oil & Gas Solutions
- Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Please note that the company's clients are based in Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Therefore substantial travel is required on a worldwide geographic base (up to 40%)
For more information or to apply for this GC-MS Field Maintenance Engineer positions please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33880 in all correspondence.