CK Group is recruiting for a Formulation Technologist to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Blackpool on a contract basis for 12 months and has a hourly rate of £12 PAYE.
Company: Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Location: Blackpool is a coastal resort on the Lancashire coast in North West England. The town is situated on the Irish Sea, 15 miles northwest of Preston, 27 miles north of Liverpool, 28 miles northwest of Bolton and 40 miles northwest of Manchester. Blackpool offers many attractions including Blackpool Tramway, Pleasure beach and Blackpool Tower. Blackpool can be reached via the M55 from the M6 and there are local bus services which run from Preston, Lancaster, Nelson, Southport and Fleetwood.
- 12 per hour PAYE
Formulation Technologist Role: To perform a wide variety of testing, formulation and technical investigation work using well developed technical skills and a rigorous scientific approach, thereby supporting the company's core products and contributing to profitable growth.
Key responsibilities will include to:
- Perform a variety of laboratory testing including analytical, formulation, and mechanical-based methodologies.
- Generate high quality written work including maintaining an up to date lab book, writing protocols and reports, and managing raw data (recording, referencing and storing).
- Report the outcomes of all testing using appropriate formats and proactively present these to project leaders and managers along with scientific interpretations and recommendations for follow up work.
- Maintain the highest technical standards in laboratory areas, treating equipment with respect and ensuring maintenance, calibration, validation, HS&E and general housekeeping are maintained at all times
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Formulation, Bioscience, Polymer Science or related subject.
- Essential to demonstrate technical skills acquired in a relevant scientific role.
- Desirable you have knowledge of the medical device or closely related healthcare etc industry.
- Desirable to have experience working in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Application of Lean management techniques would be highly advantageous.
Apply: For more information or toapply for this Formulation Technologist position, please contact Hannah on 01246 457711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50321.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.