Formulation Development Manager
CK Group are currently recruiting for a Formulation Manager, with prior solid dosage form/ tablets experience to join a global pharmaceutical company. The role is based at their UK site in London/Kent on a permanent basis, but can be a hybrid one with some level of flexible working.
The Company: A world leader that designs and supports advanced coating systems, modified release technologies and functional excipients for pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- To lead formulation development activity for customers
- Support early-stage solid oral dose formulation development and provide guidance and practical support to customers on formulation, regulatory and technical challenges.
- This roles involves significant customer interface including travel to customer sites, discussing project requirements, supporting promotional activity, prospecting for new customers and identifying new opportunities.
- To provide technical leadership to colleagues on formulation best practices
- Degree qualified, ideally with a PhD in a Pharmaceutical Sciences related discipline with industry experience
- Proven formulation team leader with solid oral dosage experience in pre-formulation and material science with hands-on lab experience formulating novel drug substances at a small scale (5 years+).
- Knowledge of development pharmaceutics and understanding of how drug substance physical / chemical attributes affect formulation development options
- Understanding of processes for oral solid dosage forms with proven ability to lead discussions on technology selection
- Experience with standard pharmaceutical techniques such as direct compression, granulation, roller compaction, encapsulation and tablet coating.
- Experience working with a CRO to support pre-clinical formulation development and progression to clinical trials
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51913.